In 1955, Chris Nicolaou, a young, Greek migrant from Cyprus, and two partners bought a small general store on the current site for 3200 pounds.
They worked hard and slowly the shop grew. Over the years, Chris bought his partners out and involved his family in the business.
Many years on, and Chris’s family continued the hard work and have turned that very store into the present IGA. Chris’ children and their partners work hard to carry on the legacy left by the very charismatic and energetic Chris.